Sunday, August 16, 2009

Memory Monday: Romans 11:32



The pastor at my church spoke from Romans 11 Sunday. He emphasized verse 32 several times. I don't think I have ever heard anyone talk about it, and I am fascinated by it.

For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all. Romans 11:32

He read it from the New American Standard Bible, which reads this way: "For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all." He made the comment that he always wanted to be able to say "shut up" in church (ha) which, of course, caught everyone's attention, including my 10 year old daughter's.

One of the reasons I want to memorize this verse is that I don't fully understand it. What I do find amazing & humbling is that God is willing to have mercy on all though his Son Jesus, even though we are disobedient in our very nature.