Thursday, April 9, 2009

Softball: Revisited


So, my daughter had a softball game this evening that I was unable to go to seeing as I nearly passed out in the driveway while I was talking to my mother-in-law earlier today. Thank goodness my husband didn't have to work tonight & he could take her. To be honest, I was unsure about going at all. She likes for me to go out & practice with her but has recently become a bit hard to communicate with when she gets frustrated while practicing. {Hard to communicate with = "I am doing it the right way & it still doesn't work!" while running inside & throwing herself on the couch. Have I mentioned she's 12?} And I wasn't sure how tonight would go if I were there with her. Anyway.

They got home from the game & all had gone well. She pitched an inning with good results, played outfield & played catcher. Plus, she was in a good mood. Oh, and they won. The best part for me? Her dad was able to talk to her about the very things that I have tried to communicate to her & she didn't freak out. Guess it is nice to have another perspective. Not sure that Mom's will ever be one that is acceptable. But I don't plan to stop being a source of advice. {grin}

1 comments:

Lora said...

I pray you are feeling better! I'm so glad for the sweet time of communication you had with your daughter.

Blessings to you!