Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Psych Check-in: You know you are curious

I went to my psych provider Friday & had my first meeting with my counselor. I had gained 6 pounds in 4 weeks; no shock to me. I was surprised it wasn't more, honestly. I am miserable, physically, with all the extra weight on my body. I am not sleeping well, either, which is an ongoing problem of mine. So in addition to the mood stabilizer that I have been on for the past month, I was put back on Topamax during the day & Trazodone at night. Also, I was told to take the mood stabilizer only at night. And exercise more. And eat less. Riiiight.

The counseling appointment was interesting; I haven't done that in a few years. I find that I run out of things to work on as do the counselors. She said we will set up goals, etc., but I felt comfortable with her. Good news for me 'cause I can't force talking about things if I'm not. Comfortable, that is.

I'm still working on a post (I think that that's what it is, anyway...) about my journey as to how I got here. Trouble is, I'm thinking it is going to be too much for a post, so I am trying to come up with something creative to do with it. Anyone? Seriously?

My daughters would tell me that I need introductory & concluding paragraphs to this post. I don't have it in me. I can't even make it without spell check tonight. So goodnight, y'all!

0 comments: