Monday, April 6, 2009

Memory Monday: Isaiah 30:18



Be still before the Lord & wait patiently for Him;
fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
Over the one who carries out evil devices!

Refrain from anger, & forsake wrath!
Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
For the evildoers shall be cut off,
but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.
Ps. 37:7-9


The portion in italics is what truly spoke to me this week. Because when I dwell on things that bother me about other people, I tend to become negative. I really need to learn how to protect myself & my children without that happening. I have, in the past been able to "Be still before the Lord." But when others are involved, I tend to try to take the reins from God.

I found this verse to continue my "learning curve":

Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you,
and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for him.
Isaiah 30:18

1 comments:

Karen said...

The first portion of the Psalm passage is part of a portion of Scripture I just recently memorized: Psalm 37:3-7a. Resting/abiding in God has been a theme in this season of my life.

Hope you have a great week!
Karen