Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Ultimate Blog Party 2009
The Ultimate Blog Party is about building online friendships.

It’s simple to join the fun and lots of ways you can get involved — from simply reading this post, to publishing your own party post on your blog and signing one of the Mr. Linky link lists at 5minutesformom.

I am a work-at-home, stay-at-home mom to three kids. I work part time via internet for a supplemental education company. My favorite subject? Algebra! I know, I know, y'all think I'm nuts, but somebody has to like it. My kids are 12, nearly 10, & almost 7. (Like, in 5 days. Still not sure if we're going to manage a party...) I have been married for 16+ years to a very patient man I met in college. He was in the Army for nearly 15 years & is a hero to me. Call me crazy, but I miss the military lifestyle. We now live in FL, close to the beach & close to my husband's family.

I have only been blogging since the end of Jan. 2009 & am still finding my way around. I am not a writer; more of an observer. I also enjoy doing research & finding out as much as I can about subjects that interest me. When I was younger, I loved spending time in the library, pulling books off the shelves & reading them right there, in the stacks. The internet has put so much info at my fingertips that I find myself having to call it quits so that I won't stay up all night. Or worse, end up neglecting the people in my life.

There is a lot more to tell about myself but I don't want to ramble. Plus, I have not yet decided how far into the sharing department I want to go. A little scary to put one's life out into cyber-world, no? Also, I have few pics because I don't currently have a digital camera. Most of what is posted is from my camera phone. ;)

I hope to meet some new friends through this party. Please check out some of my links. No promotions, just people & things I enjoy.

Have a great week!

14 comments:

Lady Graceful said...

Welcome to the party and to blogging! Thanks for such a great read about yourself and pls know we are so thankful for our military families! God bless!
SisterTipster

homeschoolblogger.com/SisterTipster/

Mommie Daze said...

Just stopping by UBP hopping. Nice to meet you! Come on over to mommiedaze.com and say hi!

Girly said...

Ahhh, fun to find another Sunday on this blog party :) I've been following Angie's blog for over a year now - it is one of my favorites. Nice to meet you and I'l check back in again :)

Julie D said...

Wow! Pretty impressive for such a new blog! Swing by and visit again!

Girly said...

Ginger,

AP is awesome! I love his music. Holy is the Lord makes me cry everytime I take the time to listen to it - I fear I don't have the faith of Abraham. Posting this here and on my page - never sure where to best reply, lol. Have a blessed Sunday!

beloved Mama said...

so nice to meet new bloggers! I've been blogging for about a year and a half- and still can't decide how private i want to be! I go back and forth- Algebra!? You go girl! you can tutor me anytime! i need major help as I'm currently in school full time :O)

Amy said...

just blog hopping. nice to meet you. Cheers!

Mrs. Bee said...

Just a poppin in from the blog partu! Welcome to the world of blogging! I love it!

JamericanSpice said...

Nice to meet you!

Talk about a party!

I'm quite intrigued and am learning how to get around!

Just stopping by from 5minutes for moms blog party!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Hi! I actually popped over from the comment you left on Gavin's blog. And I, too, am a Sunday - so I guess we follow a few of the same blogs. I also live in FL - married with four kiddos. It's nice to meet you!

{I wonder if we're neighbors?}

:)

Baba said...

Hi! Nice to meet you. I love reading still. Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit. Tried to follow, but blogger was blogged down. Following on twitter tho and can't wait to read more.

mommywiztwo said...

Welcome to blogging! You're doing a fabulous job so far!

I hope you'll come check out my UBP09 scavenger hunt!

MommyWizdom

auntrene said...

Hi, I am new to blogging also, started about the same time as you. I have found the wonderful world of giveaways and I am addicted. Not just to winning them, I am hosting my 3rd giveaway for the Blog Party, it is a Surprise Door Prize so if you get a chance stop by and leave a comment for a chance to win.
I grew up as an Army Brat and loved it. We moved a lot Mom and us 6 kids always stayed stateside if dad had to go overseas which he did, 2 tours in Vietnam and 2 tours in Korea, We lived in some great places, Funny to move from Colorado to Texas, then from Texas to Alaska and then to Oklahoma.. whoo shell shock, and wardrobe redo.
We are also praying for Stellan in our home.
Have fun at the blog party.
Aunt REne
auntrene.blogspot.com

Comfort Joy Designs said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!