Monday, March 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday...of Raisin Bread & Head Lice

UPDATE:

Please pray for mckmama's baby, Stellan. It's a long story if you don't already know about him, but right now he is in the hospital with SVTs (heart problems) and hasn't responded well to treatment yet. See this post. The whole story of his life thus far is here. Also, Angie Smith of Bring the Rain has posted about the situation here.

Please pray!


Yep, I'm joining in this week. Mckmama at my charming kids has a weekly blog about the things that absolutely could never have happened to any of us (as if you didn't know)! I haven't posted a "Not Me!" before. Tried once, but it sounded too contrived. But Sun evening turned into one one those times you just don't want to admit happened...

I absolutely did not mis-measure the salt when I was making cinnamon raisin bread for my son. And I did not try to salvage said bread by scooping some of the salt out. There is no way I went ahead & baked the bread & found out later that I didn't get enough salt out. Not Me!

When one of my daughters got out of the shower Sun, there is no way she said, "Mom, I have bugs on my head." And she certainly did not have a case of head lice. I did not search the internet for home remedies since my son was already in bed & my husband was working. There's no way I could have had the ingredients in my house to treat her head. 'Cause that would have been too easy! I did not attempt to spray mouthwash & rub massage oil on her head to get rid of the little critters. And I didn't call my sister-in-law to find out if she had any ideas. I also did not call my husband at work to let him know the happy news. And he didn't call his mom, who absolutely never would go to the drug store & buy not one, but two kits of 'get rid of the lice' kits. And you know I did not subsequently stay up until all hours combing & washing my daughter's hair as well as running 3 loads of laundry. Nope, Not Me!

Click on the button above to find out what everyone else has not been up to this week!

5 comments:

flowerpot said...

Oh, bless your heart! My head started itching when I read your post. We have thankfully avoided head lice, but I have friends who swear by the tea tree oil.

ginger said...

I know, right? The itching-I totally started itching after I put my daughter in bed. So I went ahead & treated myself, too. I read about tea tree oil & thought I had some but couldn't locate it. Bummer.

Girly said...

Oh dear me. I was a nanny many years ago and I remember coming across a lice infestation - it took my by such surprise while I was brushing her hair that I screamed and threw the brush across the room. I am itchy just thinking about it.

That was a PERFECT Not-Me-Monday post :) I hope those little bugs are dead and gone asap!

ginger said...

Girly: I was pretty freaked out myself. We are still doing laundry daily & combing hair nightly. Really don't want to see the electric bill from the increased heat of the water and prolonged drying. And I still itch. ;)

ginger said...

Girly: I was pretty freaked out myself. We are still doing laundry daily & combing hair nightly. Really don't want to see the electric bill from the increased heat of the water and prolonged drying. And I still itch. ;)