Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Health

I have in the works a post about my 'health story'. It is becoming fairly long, I must say. At this point, though, I feel the need to let y'all know that I am having trouble with depression because I need support. I have been diagnosed with bipolar II disorder & am in the process of my medication being changed. I won't go into detail now (more to come, I'm sure) but I have had some pretty bad moments in the last few days. My biggest concern right now is about my relationships. I never seem to know how much to share & what other people can handle knowing. It becomes a burden on me that I find difficult to bear.

Anyway, I knew that I would bring this issue up eventually. I was hoping to start at the beginning. Looks like I'm starting at the end.

Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
Psalm 139:7-12


Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Staci said...

It's my first time stopping by your blog, but I just wanted to wish you the best!

Girly said...

Ginger,

Depression is an awful thing - but don't despair. God is in this too. I'll pray for you and hope you can crawl out of this pit soon :)

Spaz said...

So sorry to read you are going though a rough spot...I can't say that I understand your feelings, but I do understand how depression affects a family, friends...life.

Fight with everything you have...listen to the doctors and please communicate, even when communication seems useless. Life is worth is...your family is worth it. Don't give up, ever.

Finally, be yourself on the blog, don't worry about the readers, those that know you, like you and love you will continue to do so...for the better or worse, in sickness and in health kinda of thing.

Thinking of you and praying for you daily!