Monday, March 30, 2009

Memory Monday: Psalm 37:7-9



Remember this, & stand firm,
recall it to mind, you transgressors,
remember the former things of old;
for I am God & there is no other;
I am God & there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
& from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, 'My counsel shall stand
& I will accomplish all my purpose,'
calling a bird of prey from the east,
the man of my counsel from a far country.
I have spoken & I will bring it to pass;
I have purposed & I will do it.
Isaiah 46:8-11


Okay, I am struggling with some issues surrounding my kids & how deal with my emotions when it comes to them. I guess you could say I am having to figure out how much to manage their lives & how much to let them experience life on their own. So I decided on a very familiar passage that has had meaning in my life in other ways. I know it applies now as well.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
over the man who carries out evil devices!

Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath!
Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
For the evildoers shall be cut off,
but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.
Psalm 37:7-9

Have a great week!

1 comments:

Lora said...

Amen! I love both passages Ginger! I relate to you on your involvement in your kids lives. I think you have picked a great verse to pray to the Lord in this regard.

Blessings to you!