Monday, March 16, 2009

Memory Monday: Proverbs 4:23

It's Memory Monday! If you want to join in, click on the button below for all the details!

Last week's passage:

Thus says the Lord: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands & knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, & righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23-24

This week I didn't decide on a passage until I read this post on Annie Blogs (She's one of my favorite bloggers!) So, I am going to memorize Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.

Now, I am not where Annie is in her life; I am married (for 16+ years) & have 3 children. But I think that at this point in my life, I need to guard my heart with regard to meeting new people. I have a tendency to spill too much, too soon at times. Then I wonder why I don't have any friends...something I probably need to meditate on.

5 comments:

Lora said...

I like how you have the quote marks behind your memory verses - that is really neat!

Proverbs 4:23 is such a great verse. It makes me think of the book "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp.

May the Lord bless you as you guard your heart.

Mary said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've had that happen so many times too...a piece of scripture just keeps popping up. Sometimes God just isn't all that subtle. Sometimes he knows we need to be hit over the head with something.

I really like the verse you have chosen. I too have a tendency to spill all and my "all" can scare a person away quickly. Guarding my own heart would be a good plan.

Kristy said...

I just came across your blog this morning, and had to comment, because I too tend to be too open at times. When I get to know someone, they can quickly learn my whole life story! Sometimes I think that will help them better understand me. Sometimes I should just close my mouth! Ha. I'm also married with 3 kids.

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

Thanks for directing me over to Annie. I enjoyed reading her post about this verse and how it applied...her friend gets it! I loved that.

I'm with Lora...I love the quote marks.

Lina said...

Proverbs 4:23...I love this verse. I tend to guard my heart too carefully and have found myself lonely at times! Blessings to you and yours!