Monday, March 23, 2009

Memory Monday: Isaiah 46:8-11


I didn't forget about Memory Monday. I have had a long day & God found my verses for me.

First, last week's verse:

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23

As I have prayed for Stellan today & while reading mckmama's blog post, I was reminded of this passage:
“Remember this and stand firm,
recall it to mind, you transgressors,
remember the former things of old;
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
and I will accomplish all my purpose,’
calling a bird of prey from the east,
the man of my counsel from a far country.
I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
I have purposed, and I will do it.
Isaiah 46:8-11

I am all about God being able to do whatever He desires in our lives. But I was reminded today that He will accomplish His purposes. He can do it with or without us. For whatever reason, though, He often does use us. Not an easy thing to think of, though, when your baby is involved.

Please pray for Stellan & his family .

1 comments:

Lora said...

So true Ginger that God can do it with or without us. I praise His Name that He does often use us!

I love the Isaiah scripture!