Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Goal: Matthew before Easter (with a little Andrew Peterson)

So I saw a tweet go by yesterday from brandiandboys that intrigued me:

"Matthew 1, here I come!!!" with a link to 28 Day Challenge | WithoutWax.tv by Pete Wilson.

I clicked over & read this:

One of the the obvious patterns of Jesus’s life was time with God. Over and over again in the Gospels we see where Jesus would “withdraw” to be alone with his Father. And this pattern while repeated over and over by Jesus has been missing in my life as of late.
I bet I’m not alone. So here comes the 28 day challenge. I noticed there just happens to be 28 days between now and Easter. There also happens to be 28 chapters in the book of Matthew. What if we committed together to just read one chapter a day?

I am so in! I read chapter 1 this morning & was instantly reminded of Andrew Peterson's song, "The Ballad of Matthew's Begats." Check it out:

3 comments:

JC said...

Thanks for the link to the craft website. I have printed a few! I am glad I came across your blog. Hope you don't mind if I follow.

Have a blessed day!

Jennifer

Librarian or Teacher said...

I saw this challenge as well. Very neat!

And that story about your brother made me laugh!

There is a commercial around here that goes like this.

Tech Service Guy: "How can I help you today?"
Customer: "I have a problem with my computer."
Tech Service Guy: "Ok, let's start with the basics. Is it plugged in?"
Customer: "Plugged into what?"
Tech Service Guy: "The wall."
Customer: "What?? This computer didn't come with a wall!"

And the funny part is I could see someone saying that.

ginger said...

JC: Welcome! The more, the merrier. Hope your daughter is doing ok with her treatments.
L or T: Love that "commercial." Bet there was a real-life inspiration for it!