Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slumber Party? NOT!

What a night! My oldest daughter had 7 friends over last night for her birthday slumber party. Most of it was fun: pizza, presents, cake, noise, games (DDR, Apples to Apples, Yahtzee Turbo), movie, noise. (Did I mention NOISE?) Most of them settled down between midnight & 1 a.m. I was prepared for that. But when I was still hearing loud talking/laughter at 2 a.m.from a couple of them I had to get mean so I could go to sleep. Sheesh. I thought for sure they would sleep in this morning, but, NO, I woke at 7 a.m. to hear little girls up & playing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). At that point, my husband started snoring & I was unable to go back to sleep so I did something crazy. I took a pillow & a blanket & went into my closet, which is on the other side of my bathroom. That way I was able to close 3 doors between me & the party. The closet is big enough to fit a small bed into, so no problem laying down. The best part? No one could find me! Hee, hee! And I got to sleep for another 3 hours. Another party for daughter #2 in April? Not so sure at this point...I'll let you know later.

0 comments: