Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Growing Up

Strange...I thought I would have so many things to write about, but every time I sit down to do this, I wonder if the things I want to put down are too personal & then I wonder about the wisdom of blogging at all. Hmmm...
I had parent-teacher conferences with my 2 younger children's teachers today. They were more like visits because, truth be told, I really like my kids' teachers & they are fun to talk to. Both of them are doing great in school, so there was nothing serious to discuss. I can't believe they are half-way through the 3rd quarter of school already. I wish I had a chance to talk to my oldest child's teachers without making a big deal of it all. But she is in middle school & they don't schedule regular conferences for them. Part of the price for your kids growing older.
Speaking of which, I took said middle-schooler to get her ears pierced yesterday as a birthday present. One of the girliest things she ever done. This weekend is her slumber party with seven 11-13 year-olds. I hope I survive.
My youngest lost another tooth this morning at school & got to bring it home in a little plastic treasure box--BIG DEAL for him. Now he is in the 'I-have-no-front-teeth club'. Cute.
They are growing up. I love it. I treasure it. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments: